Saturday, December 19, 2009

Location , Location , Location

I keep myself and my bees within the Palo Verde Valley and somewhat on the outskirts.. , Its a beautiful valley that's been nourished for thousands of years by the ever moving Colorado river. However the rivers been dammed and the Valley developed . I thought to make a description myself but as I'm pressed for time I'll just copy and paste this one over from Arcadia Publishing's web site -

" Located midway between Los Angeles and Phoenix, the Palo Verde Valley enjoys year-round sunshine and mild winter temperatures. In the late 1800s, surveyor O. P. CallawayPalo Verde Valley and its main settlement, Blythe (incorporated in 1916), grew into a thriving cohesive community loved by its year-round inhabitants as well as the “snowbirds” and river folks who come and go. The valley has over 40,000 acres of prime farmland and produces cotton, alfalfa, melons, lettuce, broccoli, onions, and many other fruits and vegetables. The Colorado River provides numerous opportunities for boating, skiing, and fishing. "

No comments:

Post a Comment